Monday, January 30, 2006

Whine with your cheese, sir?

5 Things I Hate About My Law School...


5. Its Ugly. Probably not as bad as it was 15 years ago, but still... I guess I was expecting mahogany and old rugs, comfy seats and nice books. Its idealic, I know, but when you charge roughly 25,000 a year in "rent" you expect some amenities. I will settle for teak and a throw rug from IKEA.


4. the school store. let's not even get into the dusty cans of atomic-bunker tuna that have on the shelves since most words were spelled with an 'e' on the ende. its mostly the way that it is rarely open. the gate on that place goes up and down more than a French guillotine. I could starve!!! and try carrying at least one pencil!


3. not enough classes. this may sound odd for a consumate slacker such as myself (especially considering I would likely sign up for and subsequently skip any extra classes that were added to the curiculum). It simply creates this bidding war for the crap that we do have available, as if they are precious commodities that will bring in more money if there is more demand. Clearly there is an economics major behind our course scheduling.


2. No DDR


1. Career Services. the first year of law school (AKA the Darker Ages) we were herded into a room and addressed by CS as to what "services" they offer. some intrepid student raised his hand and asked what were his chances, considering his pre-destined mediocrity, of getting either a job or a clerkship through CS. much to his chagrin/shock and awe/pants-pooping horror
that unless he was in the top 10-25% of the class, CS could do next to nothing for him. Query: why would the TOP of the CLASS need ANYONE'S help?!? all they have to do is show up to a firm and say "where do it sit?" I could get these kids a job, but no one pays me for it. Its like if I were to start a fitness program with "guaranteed" results but we only take men between 150 and 185 pounds! its a lock! its a scam! I would think these people would strive to get s job for everyone. Number 145 of 145 would be my pet project. i mean, what else is there for you to do? I get more "service" at Quizno's and overcrowded karaoke bars.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's ddr?

(it's good to be) The KING said...

DDR is the greatest piece of entertainment equipment since the VCR was invented. Dance Dance Revolution. and the fact that you don't know the lingo tells me you are woefully lacking in cool points!

Anonymous said...

I second the idea that Career Services is a joke. And take it from me--even sometimes people in the top 20% of the class need help too. But don't expect to find it from that office.

Anonymous said...

the only problem with the school are the students that sh*t everywhere in it. if kiddies would actually pick up their trash, and not spill drinks everywhere, then it wouldn't be so bad. however, the dust bunnies in the corners do need some work.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, anonymous and I should go out on a date sometime. I really shouldn't even get started here. Serious, do any of y'all know whose job it is to pour coke on the stairway between the first and second floor, cause I swear it’s always there. I also like the way that signs outside of classrooms all say no food or drink, but that pretty much applies only to those who don't eat or drink in class. Otherwise, feel free to smell up the class with your Sawyer's box of luvin' and spill your cheetohs wherever you want. I will clean it up for you after I sit down.

Frickin' pigs.

Oh, and CS comments are pretty funny.

-Dude