Friday, November 17, 2006

Priorities

The other day I was sitting in Court with a man who was arguing his case before the judge. What made this case different was the fact that the man was an emphysema patient on portable oxygen that kept him alive. By the time his case came up to the bench, he had about 45 minutes of air left in his tank and was refusing to reset the case and demanding a lawyer be provided and his case be heard immediately.
That got me thinking. People have some fucked up priorities.
I guess we all do. I think everyone has skinned a knee trying to save their Nokia from hitting the ground. Or almost ended up in a ditch dodging a squirrel that lacks the sense to stay in the tree.
I see it everyday in my job; folks hanging on by their pinky nail to a fucking toaster while their kids get one step closer to therapy if their lucky, jail if their poor.
I cant act like its not me too. I shop online everyday for a cheap Xbox 360 while I have no health insurance.
Is it ADHD? Is it Mtv? Is it cuz I dont go to church? Lack of personal structure and moral fiber? When did Comcast join the list of survival needs next to food, sex and sleep?
Damn DVR.

No comments: