Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Temper Temper

So I had a lady call my office about a month ago and ask me to help her in her divorce. First, she said she had no money. Always the best way to get me on your side. Then when I asked why she wanted a divorce, she said she didnt, he did. Oh, and why does he. Well it seems he went and found himself somebody new. So she slapped him. And set girlfriends car on fire. And (allegedly) beat his prize 1968 Camaro to a pulp with a blunt object. Well being a fan of 60s muscle cars, i flat turned her down.
The other day, a lady walked up to me in court and asked if I would do her divorce and that she had only 2 days to get her answer filed and that she had money (chi-ching) so I said yes. I go to the opposing attorney and ask for and get extension, get back to my office and realize its the SAME GODDAMN WOMAN!!!
Well, needless to say, I am working hard on her case every spare minute. After all, I just bought my car!
So as I sit here, typing this blog, she sits here in my office, thinking I'm taking notes on her blubbering rant about her imprisonment, her stint in the Happy House and musings as to "why he dont love me no more". Ah, if human suffering and drama were only marketable....hmmmm. Would it be illegal to set up a video camera in my office and put this on as a new reality show? The "Real" Office? Dont worry, I'll put little black blobs on their faces.

2 comments:

Dude said...

Ah, the great moral dilemma. Yes, you (and the other two very important people in your life) need the money, but at times you have to deal with social reprobates to acquire said money . . . though one really must wonder how she got this money all of a sudden, and if she **really** has it.

Anonymous said...

She doesn't have it anymore! Money first when representing the crazies!