Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Observation

My office sits about a half mile from the homeless mission district, so I see a lot of them on a daily basis. Having had this opportunity to, much like a wildlife photographer, observe them going by from behind my glass, I have made an interesting discovery. Homeless people are really bird-people. Well, at least they have so much in common, its hard not to make a connection.
1. They both flit around the streets, mostly unnoticed.
2. they snatch up our crumbs and live on whatever else they can find
3. they hang out on the roofs of random buildings
4. they poop wherever they like
5. they sing at random times and for no real reason at all.
6. I had a crow squawk at me the same day that I had a homeless man flip me off and tell me to stop listening to his brain. something about the government.

although, to be fair, most homeless are non-migratory. Though I could never figure out why. If I'm gonna be homeless in the middle of winter, its going to be at the beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beaches don't allow the homeless, they scare away the tourists. Plus it is hard to push a shopping cart through the sand!