Thursday, February 16, 2006

Too Deep?

I was strolling around yesterday and realized that about a week ago I stopped saying "goodbye" to people. And not just that particular farewell; no more "see ya", "peace out", "later" or any of that. Well, unless you think "I'm gonna make like a baby and head out" counts.

This left me to ponder the motives for my ceasation of these...is salutation the appropriate term? Anyway, I have two theories.

1. this new-found disdain is rooted in a subconscious fear of the nihilistic underpinnings of saying farewell. that perhaps I am, by saying goodbye, acknowledging the potential end of all things and that I am merely fueling the "Nothing" that consumes us all.

2. I am evolving into an apathetic higher form of being that will not be caught up in the trappings of this "society" that attempts to impose its demands and expectations upon me. That one day I will move beyond all forms of greetings and their use in my vocabulary unless I am trying to gain someone's attention (e.g. "Hey, you!").

Ah well. Time for class. Later.

No comments: