Thursday, May 25, 2006

BAR(BRI) Tab

I was kinda pissed at first. I walk into an overcrowded room for my first day of Bar Review. I looked anound and thought "There are 200 people in here. All of us paid about $2400 and yet not all of us have seats, and they didnt even fork over a bagel!" Fuckers. Then the video started and I recalled the fact that these guys have to take the Bar EVERY TIME ITS OFFERED! No thank you, ma'am. Although I do think it might be fun to go in there with the "fuck it" attitude that I will likely not adopt until I am on my way to a pub just after the exam. "Mr. Jones, are you writing the questions on your hand?". " Why yes I am". " I am sorry but you have to leave. Now!". "Hey, whatever. Fuck it. Just let me finish copying this last...got it. Holla!" Might be cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think these same repeat testtakers must pass each state's character and fitness test each time?

It seems these folks only take the test to sell the answers to next year's graduates, thereby skewing the data that would indicate the actual ability of these graduates to practice law, that is to research and find applicable legal principles independantly, if necessary. Furthermore, since the bar apparently undergoes very few fundamental changes from year to year, it would appear that the test takers are essentially giving future test takers the answers.

Therefore, it would seem that either the respective bar examiners sanction this behavior by allowing these pseudo-attorneys to take the bar and thus perpetuating the notion that justice can be had for a price. To phrase it differently, those using the bar exam to approve or deny license to practice based on the test seem to be saying, "anybody who can either understand the law or buy the canned version can be lawyers."

Or these test takers take the test under false pretenses. Seems to me this would mean these characters to fail the fitness examination.

That being said, I've done all I can to buy understanding. But on Ebay, of course.

--Stacie

(it's good to be) The KING said...

Stacie, you raise good points. And also raise the question of statistical anamoly. Are these mo-mos out there sculking into the exam, passing themselves off as recent graduates (though I don't know how they pull off that sunkem-eyed, hopeless stare and neglected hygiene look that true studiers will have) failing miserably and thereby skewing the results of the Pass/Fail ratio? Is the Bar truly as hard as all that? I mean, it sounds like the flu. Everyone says its murder to get through, but the number of people who actually dont survive it seems to indicate it only takes out the weak.

NikkiGrids said...

i am more pissed that we pay that much and then have to watch videos instead of actually having a live instructor!