Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Slow and Steady

SInce this is my blog and you are here voluntarily, you must be aware that you are going to be subjected to whatever I think is interesting in my life. You have no choice other than to click away.
Having said that, my current mania is my weight. I have dropped a couple of pounds over the last week and I want to share some wisdom for all of my gravity-challenged brothers and sisters. Use this http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html to calculate your BMR and RMR and use it to your advantage. These are the numbers of calories you burn on any given day if you were to sit on your ass (say, in BarBri) all day. The idea is, if you eat your RMR in food each day, all exercise is bonus weight loss. Brilliant. BTW it takes about 3500 calories burned to equal a pound. I'm gonna start a forest fire by the time I am done. Burn Baby Burn!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your attitude is better, but may I suggest fine tuning the approach? You are still talking as if you are beginning a diet or weight loss program. "I have dropped a couple of pounds over the last week ... ." That statements suggests you had a 7000+ calorie deficit last week. That's not very likely, and you wouldn't want to maintain that anyway.

How 'bout a follow up book... advanced reading- I am talking about doctoral shit on this one.


Chapter One
Don't focus on pounds - You aren't on a diet. See "Diets Fail" by The Dude.

Chapter Three
You didn't eat 8 veggies yesterday? Read First Book.

Anonymous said...

Oops, Editors dropped the Second Chapter but didn't fix. Somebody is getting fired.