Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Client Conference

Me: So... tell me about your criminal history.
Him: Oh nooo. I dont have a thing.
Me: You sure? I mean I dont want any surprises when we get in there and I just need all the info up front.
Him: No sir! Not a thing on my record! I have a spotless record!
Me: Cmon dude! I dont have a 'spotless' record! And I'm your attorney!
Him: No way, believe me. Nothing! Nothing! I mean, like, if you look, the only thin you might see is a simple possession charge from last year!
Me: Sigh. And tell me about that.
blahblahblah
Me: And is THAT all?
Him: Yes sir! Everything!
Me: No other arrests?
Him: The only time I was EVER arrested was at the house in Maryville.
Me: Your house?
Him: Yes sir!
Me: And that was when they got you in connection with this case?
Him: Uh, no.

I see a pattern forming.

No comments: