Monday, March 06, 2006

NASCAR on Dubs

This post comes to you courtesy of myself, CP, BO'S and a little guy named Bushmill's. We were all philosophizing on the nature of man and we hit upon an interesting point that has stuck with me. There was the observation that it is quite common knowledge that many Rednecks have a disdain for 'gansta'-types and vice versa. The interesting thing is, they have sooo much in common as to render them indistinguishable from each other (except for the obvious pigmentary discrepencies). Not with me? Look at it this way; they both:
1. are known for their lack of social graces
2. love to fight, drink and get high
3. blast their music wherever they go (be it Brooks and Dunn or Triple 6)
4. tend to live in less than desirable housing (mobile or public)
5. are known for they way they treat their significant others
6. have the same attitudes toward religious devotion, education and homosexuality
7. make up the bulk of the stars of the TV series COPS
8. loove their guns
The list goes on and on (bad clothes, dental issues, lots of babies). We aren't so much different from each other as we suspect. I can hear a twangy rendition of "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" on the winds. Yeehaw, ya feel me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. You know, I still can't get that tribal thing out of my mind. See Tribes at http://violentbuddha.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_violentbuddha_archive.html

Keep the observations coming.
-Dude

Anonymous said...

Took me forever to remember where "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" came from (I didn't watch the Oscars). Now it is stuck in my head. Thanks a lot Movie-watching-person-that-gets-songs stuck-in-my-head. Don't think you have the last verse on this one. I will have my revenge, oh yes, I will have my revenge.