Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Want My ADD

I seem to be faulted for not listening to people talking. First, most people have nothing to say. They are not talking to me. They are talking to get their story told and could give a flying frag grenade what my opinion is and what I have to say about whatever they thought was interesting enough to waste my time with. Second, I think the ability to stare you in the face and nod without having a drop of information be retained is a sort of super power. Can you do it? My brain is a sacred land of fun and creativity. I cannot allow it to be tainted with your droning tales of your favorite band or your colorless recount of your Saturday drama. My ADD is a preservation mechanism. Its like a V-Chip for bullshit. Right now I am staring at a women attempting to poison my impressionable mind with her LexisNexis propaganda without absorbing a thing. Just gimme my Chi-Fil-A and my 500 points so I can order some DVDs and go back to wherever they issued that leisure suit! Browse is your buddy. What? Info...leaking...in! Must... check out of...meeting! Ah, there. Back to inner silence. Lastly, try not speaking unless you have something to add. It may surprise you how little you really say in the span of a day. Read your lease! You probably contracted to not commit waste! I DID learn this, despite my best efforts...when some one says " Thats a great question"..they dont have an answer. Yawn. Wasted words. But hey, look who's talking! Cuz isnt that what this blog is?

No comments: