Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mrs. J.D. Hunter, esq.

When I was in college, I met alot of people who came to college for the strangest of reasons; this is what my parents want me to do, this is my only option, I am really into black and white French drama and sincerely believe that I can turn this into a career. But what I thought was the funniest were the ladies who came looking for a man. Ha! First off, we were all clueless in college. Who the hell thinks that bunch of broke, drunk, rambling idiots with road cones on their heads will make a "good catch"? I think that describes the drunk tank at County lockup and the homeless dude under the overpass more so than a future provider. Besides, for what a Bachelor's is worht these days, they ought to print them on Charmin. At least then I can wipe my ass with it.
But here is where the story gets weirder, dear reader. There are those who come to Law School looking for the same thing. Granted, there is a higher percentage of finding a man without the orange cone for a hat, but I doubt they are any less wasted and adrift. The thinking, if you can call it that, is probably travelling along these lines: All he has to do is make through and we are RICH!
Reality Check
1. Unless he is a patent lawyer or getting his JD/MBA you really are living in the 80's if you think we make more than your average sanitation worker before taxes (though some of us smell better)
2. You are likely shelling out more money for a law tuition and your expenses than he will make in his first 18 months out.
Screw the numbering. Here is the truth. You would have done better spending 100 bucks on a short dress (so short you have to shave to wear it, and I don't mean your legs) and just show up at Toddy's Backdoor Tavern or Sapphire any Thursday-Sunday. Hell, we will buy you drinks. Pocket the $60+ grand you pay this money pit. You'll need it so you can support your new catch until after he takes the Bar the second time. And trust me, we can run up a tab.
There is a medical school about 100 miles away. Doctors make more, are home less (as opposed to homeless) and you will have a better chance at winning an argument. Sigh. If it weren't for all the blood and math, I would have been a great boob doctor. I swing a mean Sharpie.

No comments: